[Python-Dev] [PEPs] Email addresses in PEPs?

David Goodger goodger at python.org
Mon Aug 20 21:32:10 CEST 2007

On 8/20/07, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> I believe email addresses are automatically obfuscated as part of the
> HTML generation process, but one of the PEP editors can correct me if
> I am wrong.

Yes, email addresses are obfuscated in PEPs.

For example, in PEPs 0 & 12, my address is encoded as
"goodger&#32;&#97;t&#32;python.org" (the "@" is changed to " at " and
further obfuscated from there).  More tricks could be played, but that
would only decrease the usefulness of addresses for legitimate
purposes.

Spam is a fact of life.  People just have to deal with it.

--
David Goodger <http://python.net/~goodger>