[Python-Dev] Source file markers for Tru64?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Aug 17 23:20:15 CEST 2007

>     Martin> Can you please add it to PEP 11 first?
>
> Sorry, I was going by the Py3kDeprecated wiki page.

Hmm. Who wrote this page, and why? I would hope that a PEP has more
official status than a wiki page.

>     Martin> Please also add code that makes the build break in a version
>     Martin> where the code is still in place, so that users can know that
>     Martin> support for their platform is to be removed (in 3.0, I presume).
>
> How do I do that?  Does that go in the Python 2.6 code?

If you want to unsupport the system in 2.6, yes. You put something in
configure.in which users can't fail to notice, e.g. a single-line abort
that they need to uncomment before they can proceed. See earlier Python
releases for how this was done (I would have to dig myself to find out
what releases and what systems).

Regards,
Martin