[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] Documentation switch imminent

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Wed Aug 15 01:57:19 CEST 2007

On 8/14/07, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
> Now that the converted documentation is fairly bug-free, I want to
> make the switch.
>
> I will replace the old Doc/ trees in the trunk and py3k branches
> tomorrow, moving over the reST ones found at
> svn+ssh://svn.python.org/doctools/Doc-{26,3k}.

First, that address is wrong; missing a 'trunk' in there.

Second, are we going to keep the docs in a separate tree forever, or
is this just for now?  I am not thinking so much about the tools, but
whether we will need to do two separate commits in order to make code
changes *and* change the docs?  Or are you going to add an externals
dependency in the trees to their respective doc directories?

-Brett