[Python-Dev] Regular expressions, Unicode etc.

Nick Maclaren nmm1 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 8 13:15:40 CEST 2007

Further to the above, I found the Unicode sources, have rebuilt
the files, but it involved some fairly serious hacking to the
building mechanism and I have had to disable the Unicode 3.2
support.  And, of course, that means that 4 of the tests fail.

This area needs addressing, not least because Python should
clearly be upgraded to Unicode 5.0.0 (which is what I am using)
at some stage.

I am not sure how best to report a bug that essentially says
"The build mechanisms for Unicode have suffered bit-rot, no longer
work and need redesigning."  I could certainly do that, but it's
not helpful - people already know that, from the comments :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:  nmm1 at cam.ac.uk
Tel.:  +44 1223 334761    Fax:  +44 1223 334679