[Python-Dev] Pleaswe help with the countdown to zero failing tests in the struni branch!

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Aug 8 00:41:40 CEST 2007

Here's a followup.

We need help from someone with a 64-bit Linux box; these tests are
failing on 64-bit only: test_io, test_largefile, test_ossaudiodev,
test_poll, test_shelve, test_socket_ssl.

I suspect that the _fileio.c module probably is one of the culprits.

Other news:

> We're down to 11 failing test in the struni branch. I'd like to get
> this down to zero ASAP so that we can retire the old p3yk (yes, with
> typo!) branch and rename py3k-struni to py3k.
>
> Please help! Here's the list of failing tests:
>
> test_ctypes
> Recently one test started failing again, after Martin changed
> PyUnicode_FromStringAndSize() to use UTF8 instead of Latin1.
>
> test_email
> test_email_codecs
> test_email_renamed
> Can someone contact the email-sig and ask for help with these?
>
> test_minidom
> Recently started failing again; probably shallow.
>
> test_sqlite
> Virgin territory, probably best done by whoever wrote the code or at
> least someone with time to spare.
>
> test_tarfile
> Virgin territory again (but different owner :-).

Lars Gustaebel fixed this except for a few bz2-related tests.

> test_urllib2_localnet
> test_urllib2net
> I think Jeremy Hylton may be close to fixing these, he's done a lot of
> work on urllib and httplib.
>
> test_xml_etree_c
> Virgin territory again.
>
> There are also a few tests that only fail on CYGWIN or OSX; I won't
> bother listing these.

The two OSX tests listed at the time were fixed, thanks to those volunteers!

We now only have an OSX-specific failure in test_csv.