[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] test_asyncore fails intermittently on Darwin

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 16:02:58 CEST 2007

On 8/4/07, Jeffrey Yasskin <jyasskin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, regardless of the brokenness of the patch, I do get two
> different failures from this test on OSX. The first is caused by
> trying to socket.bind() a port that's already been bound recently:
<snip>
> That looks pretty easy to fix.

It was fixed in the trunk on July 28 as part of rev 56604, by letting
the OS assign the port (binding to port 0). I apologize if everybody
was expecting me to fix this in Python 3000; I thought the initial
complaint was in reference to 2.6. I'm working on test improvements
for 2.6, so I'm sort of fixated on the trunk at the moment. :)  I
wouldn't mind trying to roll my changes forward into Py3k after GSoC
is done if I have the time, though.

Alan