[Python-Dev] New Super PEP

Calvin Spealman ironfroggy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 20:47:06 CEST 2007

On 4/29/07, Collin Winter <collinw at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/29/07, Calvin Spealman <ironfroggy at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
> > I still wasn't really aware of any alternative suggestions that need
> > to be included in this.
>
> Here are two off the top of my head:
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-3000/2007-April/006805.html
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-3000/2007-April/006811.html
>
> More generally, you're ignoring all the proposals along the line of
> "let's fix the super type without making it a keyword".
>
> Collin Winter

I'll add both of these, but neither had much support in the original
thread. Also, I don't see that I'm ignoring anything along the line of
"let's fix the super type without making it a keyword", because I am
not advocating it become an actual keyword. I was always under the
impression that was never meant literally. We have no where else where
a keyword looks like an object. At the absolutely most I could almost
see how super may become a constant, a'la None, in 3.0, but never a
keyword.

http://ironfroggy-code.blogspot.com/