[Python-Dev] Python 2.5.1

Calvin Spealman ironfroggy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 19:57:10 CEST 2007

On 4/29/07, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> Right. It shouldn't fail if the file is absent (it shouldn't
> pass in that case, either, but regrtest has no support for INCONCLUSIVE
> test outcomes).

Perhaps that could become part of the improvements made through
test.test_support.TestCase?

> Ok. However, this pattern is quite common in the Python test suite
> (62 test cases, with prefixes such as test_, test_bug_, test_sf_,
>  test_bug, test_patch_), so adding it just to this single test case
> may be a drop in the ocean for people unfamiliar with that convention.

Very true, but maybe more tests could have the more descriptive names,
then. For example, I would have known what it meant if the test name
prefix was test_sf_ instead of just test_. Changing the names
shouldn't interfere with anything else, so if I rename them in an
effort to help the next guy, would that be accepted?

> Ok! When you come up with a way to test this problem "stand-alone"
> (i.e. without relying on the pagefile), please submit a patch. I'll
> let this sit for some time, and if nothing happens, I go for
> Khalid's patch before 2.5.2 is released (which is still months
> ahead).

Now that I have the full picture, I have less motivation about it.
Although, I am curious what is different about the situation where
pagefile.sys could not be stat'ed in 2.5.0 but other open files could.

http://ironfroggy-code.blogspot.com/