[Python-Dev] whitespace normalization

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Apr 26 03:22:37 CEST 2007

skip at pobox.com wrote:
> Just a little FYI, python-mode (the one Barry and I manage - dunno about the
> one distributed w/ GNU Emacs these days) is one of those tools that leaves
> trailing whitespace behind when advancing to the next line..

I get extremely annoyed with editors that *don't* leave
whitespace at the end of lines alone, at least while
you're working on the file. You type part of a line,
leave a space, go to copy something from somewhere else
to put on the end, and when you get back, the space you
deliberately left there is gone.

Stripping trailing whitespace on saving wouldn't be
so bad, though. Is there an option for that in python-mode?

--
Greg