[Python-Dev] whitespace normalization

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Wed Apr 25 09:16:18 CEST 2007

Neal Norwitz schrieb:
> I just checked in a whitespace normalization change that was way too
> big.  Should this task be automated?
>
> Assuming the answer is yes, these are the questions should be answered:
>  1) Which branches should this occur on:  trunk, 2.5 (last release), 3k
>  2) Should there be a special user for these checkins

Absolutely, since that will be very helpful when doing "svn praise".

>  3) How often should this be done

Weekly makes sense.
Of course, we could also setup a svn pre-commit hook that rejects trailing
whitespace >:->

>  4) Are there any other tasks that can be automated
>
> My preferences are:
>  1) all active branches (ie, trunk and currently 2.5 and p3yk)
>  2) Yes, there should be a special user
>  3) Once per week
>  4) Not that I know of
>
> The way to fix the files is to run:  python ./Tools/scripts/reindent.py -r Lib
> At least that's what I did.  Hopefully I didn't screw anything up. :-)

I looked over it, and everything seems alright ;)
Though I was impressed that we had some tab- and 2 space-indents lying around.

Georg