[Python-Dev] test_normalization failures across community buildbots

Collin Winter collinw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 00:14:42 CEST 2007

On 4/16/07, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> On 4/16/07, Grig Gheorghiu <grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 4/16/07, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> > > Don't know what suddenly triggered this (nothing I did), but the code
> > > basically looks correct.  What should be happening is regrtest should be
> > > catching that exception and just saying the test was skipped.
> > >
> > > The last commit on regrtest was March 12, test_support was touched April
> 3,
> > > and test_normalization on April 5 according to ``svn log -r COMMITTED``.
> > >

> > There's a check-in related to test_normalization.py on April 5th that
> > seems to have triggered the failures:
> >

> http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/community/trunk/changes/1292
> >
> > Sorry I haven't reported this sooner, I've been swamped the last couple
> weeks.
>

> That's Collin's checkin when he updated the test to use unittest.  Any
> ideas, Collin?

This should be fixed in r54844. The problem was that the availability
of the urlfetch resource wasn't being checked early enough and so
test_support.run_suite() was converting the ResourceDenied exception
into a TestError instance. This wasn't showing up on other machines
since the urlfetch'd files weren't being cleaned out between test
runs.

Collin Winter