[Python-Dev] Python 2.5.1c1 pickle problem

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 09:03:05 CEST 2007

On 4/12/07, Raymond Hettinger <python at rcn.com> wrote:
> Ralf, your issue is arising because of revision 53655 which fixes SF 1615701.

I have backed out this change for 2.5.1.

> Am leaving this open for others to discuss and decide.  The old behavior was
> surprising to some, but the revised behavior also appears to have some
> unforeseen consequences.

Anthony and I talked about this a bit.  The current behavior seems
less than optimal.  However, changing it in a bug fix release seems
particularly risky.

> P.S.  In addition to rev 53655, a number of similar changes were made to sets.

Raymond, can you revert the changes?  I looked in Objects/setobject.c
and saw 53667.  Is that the revision you are referring to?  Are there
any other revs?

Thanks,