[Python-Dev] build problem on windows: unable to find getbuildinfo2.c

Raghuram Devarakonda draghuram at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 23:59:26 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am trying to build latest python on Windows XP and ran into the
following error:

"c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '.\getbuildinfo2.c':
No such file or directory"

I am using Visual C++ 2005 Express  Edition to build. I opened
"PCbuilld8/pcbuild.sln" and did a "release" build of "pythoncore".

I didn't find getbuildinfo2.c in the source.  Can some one tell me if
I am missing some thing here?  Are there any additional steps need to
follow on windows?

Thanks,
Raghu.