[Python-Dev] About SSL tests

Raghuram Devarakonda draghuram at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 22:17:15 CEST 2007

On 4/2/07, Facundo Batista <facundo at taniquetil.com.ar> wrote:

> I launch openssl through subprocess, but I do *not* find a way to tell
> him to quit serving, so all I can do is to kill the process (through the
> pid from the Popen object).
>
> The problem is that os.kill only works in Unix and Macintosh. So,
> there's a better way to do this? Or I shall check if I'm in one of those
> both platforms and only execute the tests there?

I just checked the man page for s_server (on linux) and it mentions
something about exiting.

"Certain single letter commands are also recognized which perform
special operations: these are listed below.

       q   end the current SSL connection but still accept new connections.

       Q   end the current SSL connection and exit."

Can a command "Q" be sent to the server once testing is complete?

Thanks,
Raghu.