[Python-Dev] Python+XUL

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Apr 2 01:37:08 CEST 2007

> Has anyone heard the Python+XUL community cry "I'm not dead
> yet!" or are
> they really dead?  I haven't seen mentions of new work in these areas
> lately.  XUL in general seems to have died (so many broken
> links on XUL
> pages).  Was this just a fad?  If not, and if there's some
> really useful
> of it (especially if in Python) please point it out.

This work is still ongoing.  The primary docs are at
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/PyXPCOM, and the #pyxpcom channel on
irc.mozilla.org does sometimes see some action.  The mozilla trunk has
Python in XUL working, and is being used by at least a few people.  The
ongoing work is fairly sporadic, but is currently aimed at closer
integration of Javascript and Python with the DOM - notably enabling
"native" attributes on DOM objects to be accessed by other languages.

Mark