[Python-Dev] Python unit tests failing on Pybots farm

Grig Gheorghiu grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 17:31:45 CEST 2006

On 10/19/06, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> Grig Gheorghiu schrieb:
> > OK, I deleted the checkout directory on one of my buidslaves and
> > re-ran the build steps. The tests passed. So my conclusion is that a
> > full rebuild is needed for the tests to pass after the last checkins
> > (which included files such as configure and configure.in).
>
> Indeed, you had to re-run configure. There was a bug where -Werror was
> added to the build flags, causing several configure tests to fail
> (most notably, it would determine that there's no memmove on Linux).
>
> > Maybe the makefiles should be modified so that a full rebuild is
> > triggered when the configure and configure.in files are changed?
>
> The makefiles already do that: if configure changes, a plain
> "make" will first re-run configure.

Well, that didn't trigger a full rebuild on the Pybots buildslaves though.

> > At this point, I'll have to tell all the Pybots owners to delete their
> > checkout directories and start a new build.
>
> Not necessarily. You can also ask, at the buildbot GUI, that a
> non-existing branch is build. This should cause the checkouts
> to be deleted (and then the build to fail); the next regular
> build will check out from scratch.

OK, I'll try that next time. Or I can add an extra 'clean checkout
dir' step to the buildmaster -- but that would trigger a full rebuild
every time, which is not what I want, since some of the buildslaves
take a long time to do that.

Grig