[Python-Dev] Why spawnvp not implemented on Windows?

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Fri Oct 13 18:21:05 CEST 2006

Alexey Borzenkov wrote:

> Oh! Wow! I just simply didn't know of its existance (I'm pretty much
> new to python), and both distutils and SCons (I was looking inside
> them because they are major build systems and surely had to execute
> compilers somehow), and upon seeing that each of them invented their
> own method of searching path created a delusion as if inventing custom
> workarounds was the only way... Sorry... x_x

SCons is still compatible with Python 1.5. Distutils was written in the
1.5-1.6 timeframe; it has been updated since, but it is basically
unmaintained at this point (if you exclude the setuptools stuff which is its
disputed maintenance/evolution).

subprocess has been introduced in Python 2.4.
--
Giovanni Bajo