[Python-Dev] Cloning threading.py using proccesses

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Oct 10 18:03:32 CEST 2006

Josiah Carlson wrote:

> Presumably with this library you have created, you have also written a
> fast object encoder/decoder (like marshal or pickle).  If it isn't any
> faster than cPickle or marshal, then users may bypass the module and opt
> for fork/etc. + XML-RPC

XML-RPC isn't close to marshal and cPickle in performance, though, so
that statement is a bit misleading.

the really interesting thing here is a ready-made threading-style API, I
think.  reimplementing queues, locks, and semaphores can be a reasonable
amount of work; might as well use an existing implementation.

</F>