[Python-Dev] epoll implementation

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri May 26 23:41:04 CEST 2006

Ross Cohen wrote:
> 1) Provide an epoll implementation which is used "silently" when the call is available.
>
> 2) Expose both poll(2) and epoll(4) in python and build select.poll on top of whatever is available.
>
> Ok, so 2 is only different in that it exposes the lower level APIs. I'd like
> to know if that's what people want.

Supporting EPOLLET reliably looks like a valid use case, so there must
be some way to specify "I really want epoll". Whether this is through
a second entry point, or through an optional flag to poll, I don't care
(providing the flag might be actually more expressive, since it would
also allow to specify "I want poll", although I can't see a use case
for that).

Regards,
Martin