[Python-Dev] 2.5a2 try/except slow-down: Convert to type?

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Thu May 25 09:28:58 CEST 2006

This is probably orthogonal to the problem, however, you may want to
look into trying to speed up Python/errors.c.  This link will probably
not work due to sessions, but click on the latest run for python and
Python/errors.c

http://coverage.livinglogic.de/coverage/web/selectEntry.do?template=2850&entryToSelect=547460

If you look at the coverage numbers, many functions are called
millions of times.  In many cases traceback is passed as NULL in other
functions within errors.c.  If you could get rid of that check and
possibly others and do some fast pathing in there, it might speed up
exceptions some (or normal cases where exceptions are raised
internally, then discarded).