[Python-Dev] introducing the experimental pyref wiki

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon May 1 21:08:07 CEST 2006

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Agreed. Is it too late to also attempt to bring Doc/ref/*.tex
> completely up to date and remove confusing language from it? Ideally
> that's the authoritative Language Reference -- admittedly it's been
> horribly out of date but needn't stay so forever.

it's perfectly possible to generate a list of changes from the wiki which
some volunteer could apply to the existing document.

or we could generate a complete new set of Latex documents from the
wiki contents.  it's just a small matter of programming...

I'm not sure I would bother, though -- despite Fred's heroic efforts, the
toolchain is nearly as dated as the language reference itself.  XHTML and
ODT should be good enough, really.

</F>