[Python-Dev] _xmlplus fixup for 2.5

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Mar 31 08:23:36 CEST 2006

Neal Norwitz wrote:
> I don't know what the differences are.  Are they large?  Can we copy
> the changes from Python back into PyXML?  Or modify both PyXML and
> Python so they are the same?  Could we create a patch that would be
> applied on importing PyXML to make things easier?

Primarily, things got renamed from "xml" to "xmlcore" in different
places. Porting them to PyXML is besides the point of the renaming,
because PyXML then would have to provide an xmlcore package, too.

As for actual solution strategies: I haven't yet researched any.
Fred indicated he has something in mind, but hasn't been forthcoming
over the past few months.

Regards,
Martin