[Python-Dev] pysqlite for 2.5?

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Mar 31 02:16:51 CEST 2006

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> I don't really care about the name, but please be aware that
> you are talking about adding a *very* popular module name to
> the top-level Python namespace if you go for "db" or "database".

This would only be an issue for an application that
had a private module calle db, since nobody will be
trying to publish a top-level module for general use
with such a generic name. In that case the application's
module would just shadow the db package and the app
would continue to work.

If the app's author at some point wanted to start
using stuff from the new db package, he would just
have to rename his module.

--
Greg