[Python-Dev] Fwd: Python 2.5 update

Martin Blais blais at furius.ca
Thu Mar 30 22:21:30 CEST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Martin Blais <blais at furius.ca>
Date: Mar 29, 2006 10:32 PM
Subject: Python 2.5 update
To: optik-users at lists.sourceforge.net

Hi

I was thinking of a new action "append_const" to optparse, so I
googled it to check if anybody else had been thinking about the same
idea, and *surprise* -- not really -- I discover that it's already
been implemented and included in Optik 1.5.

Now, I checked in the upcoming Python 2.5 source code -- the
Subversion repository -- and it still is at 1.5a2, which does not
contain this code.  And the stdlib uses an alpha version?  Hmmm.

What is the process for upgrading the stdlib version of optparse?

Are there any plans to upgrade the stdlib's 1.5a2 to the stable 1.5?
It seems like it has been released for a while...

If there are no plans to do that, what is the process exactly, and can
I nudge it with a little bit of armwork somehow?

cheers,