[Python-Dev] Win64 AMD64 (aka x64) binaries available64

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Mar 30 19:51:34 CEST 2006

Thomas Heller wrote:
> In sys_getwindowsversion:
>
>     return Py_BuildValue("HHHHs",
>                          ver.dwMajorVersion,
>                          ver.dwMinorVersion,
>                          ver.dwBuildNumber,
>                          ver.dwPlatformId,
>                          ver.szCSDVersion);
>
> The crash disappears if I change the first parameter in the
> Py_BuildValue call to "LLLLs".  No idea why.
> With this change, I can start the exe without a crash, but
> sys.versioninfo starts with (IIRC) (2, 0, 5,...).

Very strange. What is your compiler version (first line of cl /?)?

'H' isn't exactly right, since these are DWORDs, so they
are unsigned longs, not unsigned ints (so 'k' should be right),
however, the actually bug apparently is elsewhere - something
like memory corruption. Can you find out what the value of
szCSDVersion is (e.g. by putting a printf right before that)?

Regards,
Martin