[Python-Dev] pysqlite for 2.5?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Mar 30 00:31:51 CEST 2006

At 04:00 PM 3/29/2006 -0600, skip at pobox.com wrote:
>Is it not possible to distribute an empty db package which is then populated
>with various database eggs (or other similar installation things)?

I don't think I understand your question.

If you are asking whether it's possible to have Java-like "namespace
packages" in Python, the answer is yes.  The stdlib module "pkgutil"
supports this for regular filesystem packages, and the "pkg_resources"
module in setuptools extends this support to zipfiles and eggs.