[Python-Dev] I'm not getting email from SF when assigned abug/patch

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Tue Mar 28 21:31:20 CEST 2006

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> skip at pobox.com wrote:
>> Roundup is there now, right (sans SF export)?
>
> Richard Jones has an SF importer for one of the two XML-like formats,
> the one that is correct XML but with incomplete data. The other format,
> which has complete data but is ill-formed XML, has no importer into
> roundup at the moment.
>
>> Trac is being used by the
>> folks doing the new website.  What other candidates are being considered?
>
> My view is that nothing should be "considered" unless there is
> a) a volunteer to operate the tracker (or, failing that, somebody who
>    does it for money), and
> b) an importer of whatever data SF can provide.

There exists a Trac importer for SF data at
http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/browser/trunk/contrib/sourceforge2trac.py
though I don't know which format it does expect.

Generally, I like Trac very much, especially for its interconnected subsystems.
I've used it with smaller projects, and there it works perfectly.

Having said that, I don't know if the Trac ticket system (which would be the
most important subsystem for us) scales up well enough.

Of course, if there are only a few bits missing, instead of paying someone
to operate a complicated tracker, perhaps the money could be used to pay
someone to improve Trac...

Georg