[Python-Dev] I'm not getting email from SF when assignedabug/patch

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Tue Mar 28 16:59:41 CEST 2006

Just van Rossum <just at letterror.com> wrote:

>> http://www.edgewall.com/trac/
>>
>> It is based on python and has a very good svn integration.
>
> We started using it recently and so far it's working really well. I love
> the svn (and wiki!) integration. However, I have no idea how well it
> scales to a project the size of Python.

Having extensively used both Trac and Bugzilla, let me say that the ticket
tracker in Trac is a child-play version of Bugzilla. It might be enough for
Python, though, if SF was enough till now. I thought that a large project
like Python required something more advanced. Anyway, I'll shut up as I see
there is a committee for this decision.

The integration between tickets/svn/wiki in Trac is cute though, even if,
after a while, you'd really want that mailman parsed that syntax as well
(and maybe your MUA too :)
--
Giovanni Bajo