[Python-Dev] Libref sections to put new modules under?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Mar 27 23:26:23 CEST 2006

Any thoughts on where documentation for the new "contextlib" module should
go in the library reference?

Some candidates:

* Program Frameworks (???)
* Development Tools (??)
* Python Runtime Services (?)
* Python Language Services (??)
* Miscellaneous Services (??)

A similar issue exists for "ctypes" module, although I imagine an argument
could easily be made for putting it with "Optional Operating System Services".

wsgiref can probably go in "Internet Protocols and Support", while
ElementTree obviously goes under "Structured Markup Processing Tools".

What other new modules do we have going in 2.5 that haven't found a home in
the documentation yet?  I seem to recall some discussion about a decorator
library or functools or something of that sort.