[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r43041 - python/trunk/Modules/_ctypes/cfield.c

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Sat Mar 18 10:28:22 CET 2006

Ronald Oussoren wrote:
> On 17-mrt-2006, at 22:14, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>
>> Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>>> How would that include file be used? You would have to copy it
>>> into your
>>> own source base, and include it, right?
>> We could put it into a b/w compatibility header file, e.g.
>>
>> #include "pycompat.h"
>
> But wouldn't this header be needed on versions of python before 2.5?

Yes. Ideally it should work on more Python versions than just
Python 2.5.

I have such a compatibility header file for the mx Extensions
(called mxpyapi.h and included in egenix-mx-base).

It includes #defines such as the one Thomas proposed for
Python back to version 1.5.

> That
> would make inclusion of a pycompat.h header with python 2.5 less useful.

Why is that ? For older versions you can copy it into your
extension's include directory. With the usual #ifdef PYCOMPAT_H
wrapper this won't get included if Python already includes
the header file via  #include "Python.h".

> Including the completed block into the pep would be useful.
>
> Ronald
>

>> --
>> Marc-Andre Lemburg
>> eGenix.com
>>
>> Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 17
>> 2006)

Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 18 2006)