[Python-Dev] Still looking for volunteer to run Windows buildbot

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Mar 17 03:44:40 CET 2006

> So PythonWin needs to be installed on a Windows buildbot slave, right?

FWIW, we are having reasonable success with buildbot service packaged as a
py2exe application - just unzip into a directory and go!  This has the
primary advantage (to me!) of not using the Python installed on the box,
thereby avoiding inconvenient "file is in use" errors when you do need to
update that Python or similar.

As I've been chatting with Trent about recently, I intend updating my
buildbot patch to use the win32 "Job" related functions to manage the build
subtasks more effectively and potentially guard against the buildbot using
too many resources.  Sadly though, my buildbot patch has been languishing in
their collector without comment, so my motivation is fairly low.

Cheers,

Mark