[Python-Dev] Deprecated modules going away in 2.5

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 06:35:17 CET 2006

Unless I hear shouts *soon*, the following modules will be removed in 2.5:

reconvert.py
regex # regexmodule.c
regex_syntax.py
regsub.py

lib-old/* # these are the modules under lib-old
Para.py      codehack.py  fmt.py       ni.py        statcache.py  whatsound.py
addpack.py   dircmp.py    grep.py      packmail.py  tb.py         whrandom.py
cmp.py       dump.py      lockfile.py  poly.py      tzparse.py    zmod.py
cmpcache.py  find.py      newdir.py    rand.py      util.py

In addition, I will swap sre and re.  This will make help(re) work properly.

Let me know if you disagree with any of these changes.