[Python-Dev] decorator module patch

Alex Martelli aleaxit at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 22:03:07 CET 2006

On Mar 12, 2006, at 11:16 AM, Ian Bicking wrote:
> memoize seems to fit into functools fairly well, though deprecated not
> so much.  functools is similarly named to itertools, another module
> that
> is kind of vague in scope (though functools is much more vague).
> partial would make just as much sense in functools as in functional.

Couldn't we merge functools and functional into just one (user-
visible) module? The distinction between what goes into one vs the
other is exceedingly subtle and poor users will be guessing as to
what's where. If we need a mixed module with something in C and
something in Python, we can do it the usual way, func.py wrapping
_func.pyd (or .so or whatever)...

Alex