[Python-Dev] Still looking for volunteer to run Windows buildbot

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 18:28:22 CET 2006

[Martin v. Löwis]
> It seems like the buildbot needs even more hand-holding on Windows:
> it apparently doesn't survive a master stop/start cycle. While the
> Unix buildbots reconnect, the Windows one doesn't.

What makes us believe that?  My box was hibernating from 03:12 to
11:54 EST today, and couldn't have responded to anything during that
period.  When I woke the box up, I was pleased to see that Twisted
figured out that it hadn't heard from the master in 8+ hours, and
established a new connection, all by itself.

OTOH, I see the new connection soon got wedged all by itself too ;-),
while running trunk tests just now.