[Python-Dev] Still looking for volunteer to run Windows buildbot

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 21:17:32 CET 2006

[Thomas Heller]
> Are there any estimates how much network traffic a buildbot would generate?

It should be trivial except for the initial checkout of the Python code base.

> And how must it be connected to the internet - I assume it must be reachable
> from the outside.

The slave opens a socket connection to the master, so you must be able
to reach the python.org box _from_ the slave.  I don't expect you'll
have serious problems if you can do that much.  For example, my home
box has a dynamic IP (assigned by my ISP to my router), my router
gives a different dynamic IP to my box (NAT'ed), and I'm running
behind both software and hardware (SPI) firewalls.  Because my box
initiated the connection, nothing in the chain objects.