[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r42929 - python/trunk/Tools/scripts/svneol.py

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 22:00:09 CET 2006

[Thomas Heller]
> The Linux-head is the release manager, prepaing the release on
> a unixish platform, in combination with the windows guy who downloads
> the source distribution and tries to compile that on Windows.

That sounds like an artificial (process-created) problem, then.  Since
a release should be made from a tag, there doesn't seem a real reason
to make the Windows release wait for a source-release tarball to get
made (the Windows dweeb should be able to do a native checkout of the
tag, and do their stuff in parallel -- that's how I used to do Windows
releases, and it worked fine -- the only thing the Windows release
serialized on was waiting for the release's final docs to get cut).

Setting project files to some flavor of text mode makes sense for your
other reasons regardless (like getting useful diffs).