[Python-Dev] conditional expressions - add parens?

Jiwon Seo seojiwon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 09:25:24 CET 2006

With parentheses, we can use "if cond then val1 else val2" form
without the burden of hacking the parser, although the cost of the
keyword "then" is still there.
so, some possible forms that prompts in my mind are

    level = (if "absolute_import" in self.future then 0 else -1)
    level = (if "absolute_import" in self.future: 0 else: -1)
    level = (0 if "absolute_import" in self.future else -1)

-Jiwon