[Python-Dev] Long-time shy failure in test_socket_ssl

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 08:02:24 CET 2006

On 2/27/06, Tim Peters <tim.peters at gmail.com> wrote:

> Neal plugged another hole later, but-- alas --I have seen the same shy
> failure since then on WinXP.  One of the most recent buildbot test
> runs saw it too, on a non-Windows box:
>
> http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/trunk/g5%20osx.3%20trunk/builds/204/step-test/0
>
> test_socket_ssl
> test test_socket_ssl crashed --
>     exceptions.TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
>
> in the second test run there.

For closure, I believe this problem was addressed by revs 42842 and
42844 to Lib/test/test_importhooks.py.

If anyone sees spurious failures with the buildbot (one time failures,
crashes, etc), please report the problems to python-dev.  It would be
great to see if you can reproduce the results with the same tests that
failed.  We need to determine if it is architecture specific,
test-order related, or something else.