[Python-Dev] Webstats for www.python.org et al.

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Wed Mar 1 07:51:04 CET 2006

I finally took the time to set up webalizer on dinsdale.python.org,
after the move of the web content from creosote.python.org to
dinsdale.python.org last October or November. The apache logs on
dinsdale don't go back farther than 25 December, looks like, though.
None of my backups have 'em either. I didn't bother regenerate the
stats from the logfiles on creosote.python.org because of that, since
there would be a two-month gap. We can still compare the last two
month's of data to whatever we'll be generating once beta.python.org
is final :-) And if anyone happens to have the older dinsdale logs
somewhere, I can still regenerate the main stats.

I added webstats for all subsites of python.org:

http://www.python.org/webstats/
http://beta.python.org/webstats/
http://bugs.python.org/webstats/
http://planet.python.org/webstats/
http://docs.python.org/webstats/
http://doc.python.org/webstats/
http://svn.python.org/webstats/

and even

http://www.pythonlabs.com/webstats/ (not working right now, not sure why)
http://www.jpython.org/webstats/ (not working because of the global redirect)

I think I'll merge doc.python.org and docs.python.org tomorrow. (And
maybe add the doc/docs.python.org stats to www.python.org's stats
after prepending '/doc' to all URLs, but that's a fair bit of work.)
I'd also like to add a stats.python.org with direct listings of all
those stats, unless someone sees a reason not to.

The svn.python.org stats include only http- and https-traffic, not
svn+ssh traffic (the authenticated, read-write traffic.) They're
pretty interesting to look at, though, particularly the extreme dip in
access on the 27th and 28th of February :)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>