[Python-Dev] xturtle.py a replacement for turtle.py(!?)

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Wed Jun 28 17:16:35 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 20:57, Gregor Lingl wrote:
> I would very much appreciate if xturtle.py could go into
> Python 2.5

Unfortunately Python 2.5b1 came out last week. Now that we're in beta,
we're feature frozen (unless some horrible issue comes up that means
we really need to do a feature change). This looks very nice, but
it's going to have to wait until 2.6 :-(

Sorry. Timing is everything.

For others reading along at home - I kinda think that the
post-beta-feature-freeze is a similar sort to the one we have for
bugfix releases (maybe _slightly_ lower hurdles for a new feature,
but only just). Does this seem reasonable? If so, I'll add a note to
the [still unfinished :-(] PEP 101 rewrite.

Anthony