[Python-Dev] PyRange_New() alternative?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Jun 24 09:32:16 CEST 2006

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:
> I am not an expert of the C/C++ language details, but the intermediate cast
> seems to be a great local alternative to the global -fno-strict-aliasing flag.

Depends on what you want to achieve. If you just want to make the
warning go away, the cast works fine. If you want to avoid bad
code being generated, you better use the flag (alternatively,
you could fix Python to not rely on undefined behaviour (and no,
it's not easy to fix in Python, or else we would have fixed it
long ago)).

Regards,
Martin