[Python-Dev] ETree: xml vs xmlcore

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Jun 20 07:34:44 CEST 2006

Aahz wrote:

> Did we make a final decision about whether the canonical location for
> ElementTree should be xml or xmlcore?

the original idea was to use "xml" to get the latest and greatest from
either the core or PyXML, "xmlcore" to use the bundled version.  I see
no reason to change this just because people have short memory ;-)

(in other words, the modules should be documented as xml.xxx, with a
note that says that they're also available as xmlcore.xxx.  this applies
to all modules under xml, not just etree.).

 > Also, there's no ElementTree or
> xmlcore that I can find at http://docs.python.org/dev/ under global
> module index or library reference.

the docs are still sitting in the patch tracker.  looks like the "just
post text files; we'll fix the markup" approach doesn't work.  oh well,
there's plenty of time to fix that before 2.5 final.

</F>