[Python-Dev] Keeping interned strings in a set

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 05:47:56 CEST 2006

On Jun 15, 2006, at 10:29 PM, Raymond Hettinger wrote:

> Nicely done.  It is fine by me if this goes in so we save a little
> space in the intern table.

Thanks for the good word.   I've reworked the code a little bit and
fixed the comments.  I don't have svn write access, so someone else
will have to take over from here.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?
group_id=5470&atid=305470&file_id=181816&aid=1507011

> One nit, in _Py_ReleaseInternedStrings() you can use
> PySet_CheckExact(interned) instead of the ob_type.

That's what I wanted to use myself, but  PySet_CheckExact does not
exist.  This looks like an oversight, but fixing that should probably
come as a separate patch.