[Python-Dev] UUID module

Ka-Ping Yee python-dev at zesty.ca
Mon Jun 12 10:49:45 CEST 2006

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> Some comments on the code:
>
> > for dir in ['', r'c:\windows\system32', r'c:\winnt\system32']:
>
> Can we get rid of these absolute paths? Something like this should suffice:

> 17
> u'C:\\WINNT\\system32'

I'd like to, but i don't want to use a method for finding the system
directory that depends on ctypes.  Is there a more general way?

> >  for function in functions:
> >        try:
> >            _node = function()
> >        except:
> >            continue
>
> This also hides typos and whatnot.

The intended semantics of getnode() are that it cannot fail.
The individual *_getnode() functions do throw exceptions if
something goes wrong, and so they can be tested individually
on platforms where they are expected to work.

-- ?!ng