[Python-Dev] beta1 coming real soon

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Fri Jun 9 11:00:19 CEST 2006

Neal Norwitz wrote:
> It's June 9 in most parts of the world.  The schedule calls for beta 1
> on June 14.  That means there's less than 4 days until the expected
> code freeze.  Please don't rush to get everything in at the last
> minute.  The buildbots should remain green to keep Anthony happy and
> me sane (or is it the other way around). [...]

I would have liked to implement the last major missing piece from
pysqlite - the authorizer hook - release pysqlite 2.3.0 and merge the
changes into the Python core sqlite3 module.

This would be an additional feature and not require any changes to the
existing code.

If you'd rather not have this merged because of new code, then I'll skip it.

There are other changes I did in pysqlite for pysqlite 2.3.0 that I'd
more strongly like to integrate here:

http://initd.org/tracker/pysqlite/changeset/274

This changeset fixes a real bug that can lead to hard crashes and also
makes the sqlite module more sane:

- converter names are looked up in a case-insensitive manner (the old
behaviour is confusing to users)
- Errors in callbacks are not silently ignored any longer, but lead to
the query being aborted
- Additionaly, the error can be echoed to stderr if a debugging flag is
set (default is off)

-- Gerhard