[Python-Dev] Py2.5 release schedule

Raymond Hettinger rhettinger at ewtllc.com
Fri Jul 28 07:32:52 CEST 2006

I suggest that there be a third beta release and that we then wait just
a bit before going final.

The bugs that were found and fixed in the first two beta releases
suggest that Py2.5 is not yet as stable as we would like.  Over the next
few days, I'll try to run it on as much third-party code as possible.
That would have detected the recently surfaced grammar error a little
bit earlier (the one where "for x, in listOfTuples" would not unpack).

The release process itself is going well but I don't think the pervasive
AST changes have been fully shaken-out yet.

Raymond