[Python-Dev] More tracker demos online

Neil Hodgson nyamatongwe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 02:10:07 CEST 2006

Martin v. Löwis:

> Currently, we have two running tracker demos online:

   After playing with them for 30 minutes, Jira seems to have too busy
an interface and finicky behaviour: not liking the back button
sometimes (similar to SF) and clicking on diffs wants to download them
rather than view them. Its disappointing that Jira and Launchpad use
different bug IDs as continuity should be maintained with the SF bug
IDs which will be referred to in other areas such as commit messages.
They do include the SF bug ID (as a field in Jira and a nickname in
Launchpad) but this makes it harder to navigate between related bugs.
I mostly looked at "os.startfile() still doesn't work with Unicode
filenames" and I would have tagged the patch on SF with a "looks OK to
me" if SF was working.

   The text in Launchpad was a bit sparsely formatted for me so would
like to see if indvidual users can choose a different style. The
others are OK although Roundup is clearer.

   Neil