[Python-Dev] Community buildbots (was Re: User's complaints)

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven ashemedai at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 10:57:30 CEST 2006

On 7/15/06, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> Are you aware of http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/ ?

Yes. And it does not seem to be open for all, but then again, any
documentation with regard to it seems to be very sparse or hidden so I
can very well be wrong here. Ah, hidden away on the wiki:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/BuildBot

> We are not just talking about buildbots here (which the links you refer
> to seem to be); we are talking about buildbots that don't test Python,
> but test Python applications.

Then I would dare to say you haven't fully investigated the links
fully, Bitten, for example, also runs the unit-tests for any target
you configure, saves all the outputs and provides quick overviews as
well as coverage statistics. So that would fall perfectly into that
category. See http://bitten.cmlenz.net/build/0.5.x/762 for an example.

> We do know how to run a buildbot.

How relevant was this comment in the entire? I am merely trying to
help out here pointing out other similar projects when the community
participating building issue was raised.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven