[Python-Dev] Community buildbots (was Re: User's complaints)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jul 15 04:12:44 CEST 2006

"A.M. Kuchling" <amk at amk.ca> wrote in message
news:20060714112137.GA891 at Andrew-iBook2.local...
> http://www.python.org/dev/tools/, in a discussion of checkin policies,
> does say:
>
> The Python source tree is managed for stability, meaning that
> if you make a checkout at a random point in time the tree will almost
> always compile and be quite stable.

That is the goal, but when I watched the buildbot results last spring, the
degree of stability (greenness) appeared to vary.  Is it possible to tag
particular versions as a 'green' version, or the 'most recent green
version' worth playing with?

tjr