[Python-Dev] Community buildbots (was Re: User's complaints)

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 07:59:48 CEST 2006

On 7/13/06, Christopher Armstrong <radix at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> On 7/13/06, glyph at divmod.com <glyph at divmod.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:29:16 -0700, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >There's been some recent discussion in the PSF wondering where it would
> > >make sense to throw some money to remove grit in the wheels; do you think
> > >this is a case where that would help?
> >
> > Most likely yes.  It's not a huge undertaking, and there are a lot of people out
> > there in the community with the knowledge of Buildbot to make this happen.
>
> I'm at least willing to set up the buildbots for projects I care about
> (Twisted, pydoctor, whatever), and perhaps help out with the setting
> up the buildmaster.

It would be really great to have someone setup buildbots for other
important/large python projects to test python svn HEAD with.  I can't
even stay on top of the python buildbots, so I'm not volunteering for
more work.  I will greatly appreciate and thank whoever takes this on
though.  :-)

The harder problem is keeping it running.  Setting it up, in some ways
is a lot easier.  It's at least well defined.  Maintaining it for
several months is a different story.